This video by repairs universe shows viewers how to replace the battery in the 2nd Generation iPod Touch. The tools you will need for this project include safe-open pry tools and a small phillips head screwdriver. To begin, remove the screen by releasing several clips that hold it to the frame using the safe-open pry tool. Run the tool between the case and the glass along all edges. Gently pull glass off and pry off the digitizer. Next, remove the small screw in the upper corner, lift up the foil, and gently pry up the screen. There are now 7 screws that need to be removed from the metal frame. Next, you will need to release the ribbon to the LCD screen. After that has been completed, use the safe-pry tool to release the clips holding in the metal frame. Pry up the tape covering the battery connection and gently heat the 3 connections to release the battery. When replaced with the new battery, heat again to secure it in place. You are then able to follow the instructions in reverse to put the iPod back together again.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades