Putting music on your iPod using Windows normally require having to use iTunes, which can be a real pain in the but if you hate using extra software for something that should be as easy and dragging and dropping.
But using a cool trick, you can add music to your iPod in the easiest way possible without being bogged down with iTunes.
Start by plugging in your iPod. Make sure that iTunes is not running—if it opens automatically, simply close the program.
Open My Computer, either through an Explorer window or through the Start Menu. Now double-click on the iPod, then select Tools -> Folder Options.
Go to the View tab, then check the option for "Show hidden files."
You'll now see a folder call "ipod_control"—double-click to access it, and simply copy or drag and drop your mp3 files into it! That's it, now you have music on your iPod without ever having to use iTunes!
For more information, check out the video guide below from xGamerGuy:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades