It's believed that most iPods carry the Wolfson Microelectronics WM8975 codec and although it does a great job converting the digital audio on the iPod's drive into analog audio, the iPod's amplifiers don't make the sound loud enough to hear through your headphones. Take a look at this instructional video and learn how to mod your iPod so that it'll bypass the iPod's amplifiers and run the audio out from the Wolfson DAC to your stereo. Keep in mind that this process requires breaking into your iPod and some soldering. Don't attempt this if you're afraid to break your iPod because this will most likely null your warranty.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades