Sometimes ghetto is the way to go. Yankee ingenuity is always the way to go (at least on WonderHowTo, that is).
Says creator Tim Schiesser, "I noticed recently that my DVD drive wasn't getting much love, but my iPod Nano was getting loads of use and needs charging all the time. An idea came to me suddenly one day that I should put the two together and make a simple dock for my iPod from my DVD drive and some materials I have lying around the place."
Three qualities WonderHowTo holds dear: Clever. Cheap. And best of all, materials you can dig out of the junk drawer.
You will need:
- An old DVD or CD that you don't mind cutting up
- The plastic iPod docker that came with your iPod
- iPod charging/transfer cable
- The iPod iteslf
- Knife/scissors/pliers for cutting DVD
- Sandpaper for sharp edges
- Permanent marker
- Blu-tack or similar adhesive
- DVD drive (laptop DVD drives won't work unfortunately; neither slot-loading drives)