Sometimes ghetto is the way to go. Yankee ingenuity is always the way to go (at least on WonderHowTo, that is).
Says creator Tim Schiesser, "I noticed recently that my DVD drive wasn't getting much love, but my iPod Nano was getting loads of use and needs charging all the time. An idea came to me suddenly one day that I should put the two together and make a simple dock for my iPod from my DVD drive and some materials I have lying around the place."
Three qualities WonderHowTo holds dear: Clever. Cheap. And best of all, materials you can dig out of the junk drawer.
You will need:
- An old DVD or CD that you don't mind cutting up
- The plastic iPod docker that came with your iPod
- iPod charging/transfer cable
- The iPod iteslf
- Knife/scissors/pliers for cutting DVD
- Sandpaper for sharp edges
- Permanent marker
- Blu-tack or similar adhesive
- DVD drive (laptop DVD drives won't work unfortunately; neither slot-loading drives)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades