The iPod Touch 2G might seem outmatched and outdated in the presence of the iPhone, but they are dirt cheap and have many of the same functionalities once you jailbreak them. How do I jailbreak them, you ask? This video will show you how to do it quickly and easily using a program called Redsn0w, allowing you to do almost limitless things with your iPod Touch. Just follow these steps and you're good.
From the creator:
IMPORTANT: You should select (in the "Browse .ipsw file)the same file you used to configure your iPod.
If you want to use the firmware i provided: Before starting the process of Jailbreaking, you should go to iTunes, your iPod setting and hold shift and click restore. A folder will pop up, and select the .ipsw file i provided. Put that same file in the "Browse .ipsw file" of Quickpwn.
Ipod Touch 2G Firmwares:
.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for Windows
(Download and install if Quickpwn won't run):
To try Redsn0w Beta, go to: http://redsn0w.com/
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades